hi

The Mobile First Network Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
wmpoweruser

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #1 
[MFN-Contest] 

Regular readers may have noticed a new logo in your header over the last week.

No, WMPoweruser, Microsoft-news and Gdgt Arena have not been acquired, but instead we have banded together to help offer a stronger product and greater coverage to our readers now and also going forward into the future.

To celebrate the event we are launching a weekly photo contest, with an inaugural cash prize of $100.

With the Northern Hemisphere officially slipping into Autumn last week, we would like to see your pictures, taken from your smartphone, either saying a poignant goodbye to Summer of a joyous welcome to Autumn.

Contestants are asked to post photos in our new combined forum for all 3 sites, in the thread here .

Photos need to be submitted in the form of a link to a Facebook or Twitter post, and needs to include the tag line:

I get my tech news from WMPoweruser.com, Microsoft-News.com & GDGTArena.com the #MobileFirstNetwork

The contest will run from today (27/9/2014) and we will announce the winner on the 5th October on all three sites. The contest is worldwide where local rules allow, and winners will receive $100 either via Paypal, or Amazon or Microsoft Store gift card if they prefer.

Winners will be informed via forum PM, and the judges decision is final.

To enter, simply register and leave a link to your tweet or Facebook post.

mehedi

Reply with quote  #2 
Come on guys!
WP(Windows Phone)Lover

Reply with quote  #3 

Hi guys!Congratulations on the combining of 3 websites,I really hope you enjoy more success on your future endeavors,good luck!
I'm having a bit of trouble here:

1-I don't see the "HTML" options in my reply post,there's only these buttons on the right hand partition:
WRAP[CODE],WRAP[QUOTE,Insrt emoticon and spell check.
What should I do?

2-I have chosen the option to embed your tweet and I have got a HTML code but how do I embed it on my twitter?I don't have Facebook or a personal website,Please guide me further on how to embed this code on twitter as I haven't embedded tweets before.

The code I got from selecting the embed tweet option on Twitter is:

P.S:Really sorry for acting like a noob,actually I haven't done this before,really hope you can help [smile]

Thanks!
WP(Windows Phone)Lover

Reply with quote  #4 
Whoops!In my previous forum post,the embedded HTML code got parsed to a picture of the tweet itself!No need to find the HTML tab on the reply post,guys! [smile]

Now solve problem 2 for me,please. [tongue]
wmpoweruser

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi there.  The idea is that you tweet your own picture with the text 

I get my tech news from WMPoweruser.com, Microsoft-News.com & GDGTArena.com - the #MobileFirstNetwork

to your own account, then use the embed options to post in in the forum here.
WP(Windows Phone)Lover

Reply with quote  #6 
Ahhh!I understand fully now!Thanks! [smile] My photo will come soon [smile]
WP(Windows Phone)Lover

Reply with quote  #7 
Sorry for the lateness guys,actually my Lumia 620 screen broke so I'm getting a Lumia 630(instead of waiting for a 730) in a hurry just for participating in this contest.It will probably arrive in a couple of days and then I'll post a photo ASAP.Hope you don't mind the tardiness [smile]

P.S:-I'm really just an amateur photographer but I'll try my best [smile]
WP(Windows Phone)Lover

Reply with quote  #8 
Here's my entry.Sorry,I had to cut a few letters from the tweet to add the pic to it but don't worry!All the links and hashtag is intact. [smile]

EDIT:Looks like the HTML code is not working for some reason.Here's the link to my tweet,hope you accept my entry:
https://twitter.com/Imbatman1968/status/518020018617868288

Here's a bit about the pic:
This picture was snapped from my new Dual Sim Lumia 630 which I bought just 2 days ago because my 620 was broken and I wanted to enter the competition so I quickly bought an affordable Lumia to take part in this contest.
Here's a bit about the pic,this picture in the tweet is of my beautiful lawn which will wither away in the autumn [frown] only to be revived in the summer I adore with all the warmth and colors it brings to my life. Goodbye summer, see you soon! [smile]
This picture was taken from the camera of Lumia 630 without the use of any app or any editing.I know it's not the best photo but it expresses my poignant goodybye to summer [frown] I have never been a photographer and this is actually the first time I'm participating in any such contest and took me nearly 10 minutes to decide from which angle to take the picture and then I decided on the picture above. As you might observe, the picture is not extremely beautiful but I hope to enhance my still-hidden photography skills [tongue] starting from this day, thanks to you guys once again! [smile]

That's all, thanks! Love your website,I visit it daily and I love how anyone can submit their own articles for reviews. [smile] That's a really cool thing which some sites do not bother to do. I hope the combination of WMPowerUser,Microsoft News and Gdgt Arena proves even more successful for your already awesome website [biggrin][thumb]

BluePhaze

Reply with quote  #9 
Let see if this works, I don't see any embed options as mentioned above when I post. So hopefully this goes through. If not here is a link to the tweet and the embed code below it:

https://twitter.com/BluePhaze_24x7/status/518093232127737856

This image was taken from a moving car with my Lumia 928 (Two Tone White/Black) during a trip to Halfmoon Bay California last weekend. It was the perfect "Start of Autumn" day and definitely felt like it was time for Halloween and Thanksgiving so the Pumpkin Festival in Halfmoon bay seemed like the perfect way to capture the feeling.
anmol_112

Reply with quote  #10 
I don't see any option to embed the tweet. I pasted the code directly. Hope it works. If this doesn't work, here's the tweet link: https://twitter.com/anmol_112/status/518372135538946048

The image is blurred with Creative Studio and shot on Lumia 520.
wmpoweruser

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #11 
Wow, great picture!
sauravsahu

Reply with quote  #12 

My entry... [smile] Shot with a Lumia 520 and edited using Creative Studio.

https://twitter.com/saurav_MSFT/status/518380209586728960

wmpoweruser

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #13 
Wow! Who knew the NL 520 camera was so good!
mopsie222

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi,
this is my entry!

I took this picture using my yellow Lumia 920 with the Lumia Panorama app. It was taken in my neighbourhood and gives us a first glimpse of what to expect from the weather in the fall [wink]
sauravsahu

Reply with quote  #15 
Do check my page... [smile]
http://www.facebook.com/lumiamagic
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!