hi

The Mobile First Network Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
HoosierDaddy

Reply with quote  #1 
WP8 does not support WPS which means you have to enter the key in the Wi-Fi settings. Its bad enough typing a 64 character key in manually with up to 3 taps per character (between changing case or switching between alpha and numeric keyboards), not to mention that if your finger gets too close to the done button while typing you get to start all over! But to make it even worse the Win8 keyboard doesn't even have all the characters that may be in a WPA key. In addition, I have reason to believe that some characters on the WP8 keyboard have a different hex value than the standard English keyboard on a Windows8 PC.

So there are two issues anyone using WPA with a "proper" key faces:

1. What is the full character set WP8 can use in a key?
  2. How do you get that key into the WP8 wi-fi settings? Assuming SOMEONE in these forums uses a non trivial key, how did you transfer it into your phone (hopefully in a way that avoids sending it out into the web). I was able to move a text file with the key from my PC to the phone's document folder using USB but can't figure out how to access that file from the phone.

TIA
Boolanger

Reply with quote  #2 
The doc you moved to your phone should be able to be access by going to the office app-> flip to the places screen and select phone and it should be there to view.
HoosierDaddy

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolanger
The doc you moved to your phone should be able to be access by going to the office app-> flip to the places screen and select phone and it should be there to view.

Thanks. That works.

Also for the record, someone else pointed out there is an arrow key on the numeric keyboard view that shows additional special characters. I don't know if it includes all possible characters, but typing in a 64 character key on the phone won't be necessary since you can use office to copy the key from a text file you USBed to the phone.
Boolanger

Reply with quote  #4 
Also many of the chr keys have hidden items in them. if you hold down the "." key you'll get . ? : ! -. Sometimes they will hide chr that don't have keys or just duplicated similar chr to make it simpler. 

I don't know if all are they but if not only a few would be missing.
zeeshan123

Reply with quote  #5 
Ive got the older symbian nokia 808 with drive and maps. A method i use is to go into maps, find the area you are looking for and place the black square over this area. Hold down on the square the one of the options is drive here. Select that and carry on.
If you are looking for fast success in 70-411 vce then join today to find complete testing Test king and pass passguide principiacollege on first try. A person can pick http://www.hood.edu and University of Hawaii for its easiness.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!